Life long drean

My life long dream has been to write a book about my childhood and growing up. I am just having trouble figuring, where do you start? Do you start at the very beginning and go from there or do you start now and reflect back as things are relevant, thus is where I'm lost. I would think birth to present would Be predictable and boring, but if it's not told that way will it still tell the story you wish to tell?
I know that there is at least 1 person out there who can hear my story and find the strength to change their life, and That's all I want. If I spend a fortune to print a book and only 1 is sold but that 1 finds peace in my words then it's worth it right. Or even if those I read about realize my story told from my point of vhiew and not their own then that's enough for me.

I really think the hardest part of writing it will be that I have to open the vault, the vault of things over my life I have completely stowed away to lessen the pain and memory of it, see those are the stories that deserve to be told. I just don't know that I'm strong enough to open that vault and relive it and feel that pain all over again
A story told as a story in chronological order just doesn't seem appealing to me, I need to find a way to tell if that is a mirror of me and my life and my story.

I've always debated on the title what's catchy enough to catch eyes but keeps to my story.
Daddy's hands...the song I sang at church growing up continuously though it never had particular meaning to me I sang as though I felt it, bc the song was my grandfather. I think this is what I'll make it.
Daddy's hands, mommy's eyes, my story

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today, I shall struggle, and struggle I do so well

For me,