all the books

I am 14 books into my 30 book challenge for the year. Granted I did not begin until mid-July, so I figured that 30 was reasonable. I started off reading a 300 page book within 24 hours, it has spaced out a little more now, more like 48-72 hours, a week for bigger books. I did get stuck on IT and the Pet Sematary, seeing those movies beforehand slowed my reading and interest down a bit. 
In the process I have come across some really great, exceptional books, that I have thoroughly enjoyed reading. In the past I have always leaned more toward Nicholas Sparks books, The Night Circus (if you have not read this book do so IMMEDIATELY!! It is truly an exceptional book that has my heart since I read it), but I have since found my love with thriller books. Started off with The Girl on the Train, Kind worth Killing, I'll list below the books I have read with the star review I gave it, and then the ones I have currently reading and in line to be read on my bookshelf

  • The Shining Stephen King 5
  • A Simple Favor Darcey Bell 3
  • The Kind Worth Killing Peter Swanson 4 I'll be reading more of his
  • The Girl on The Train Paula Hawkins5
  • Into the Water Paula Hawkins 4 (cannot wait for her to come out with another book, I loved both of her books, for Into the water the only reason it got a 4 was because the switching of character storylines at the beginning was a bit difficult to remember who was who until you got further into the book and started recognizing the names and details of their storyline)
  • Doctor Sleep Stephen King5
  • The Only Astrology book you'll ever need Joanna Martine Woolfolk 5
  • Sharp Objects Gillian Flynn 4
  • Meddling Kids Edgar Cantero 4
  • Dark Places Gillian Flynn 5
  • Luckiest Girl Alive Jessica Knoll 5
  • The Woman in Cabin 10 Ruth Ware 5

Currently Reading
  • The Favorite Sister Jessica Knoll
  • A stranger in my house Shari Lapena love this book so far, really drawing me in
To be read next

  • The Couple Next Door, I am extremely excited to read this book, it is currently waiting at the library for me to pick up tomorrow and I hope to be done with a stranger in my house by then
  • The Widow Fiona Barton
  • The Child Fiona Barton
  • The Cutting Season Attica Locke
  • The Scarlet Gospel Clive Barker
  • Heart Shaped Box Joe Hill
  • Blood Sisters Jane Corry



As you can see I'm either not a rough reviewer and if I enjoyed the book, truly enjoyed it, it immediately gets 4-5 star review. 

My library I use a lot, one I loooove love love the librarians there, they are super helpful and I enjoy discussing the books with them and getting great book ideas from them. Two they also offer cloud library services and hoopla, so on my kindle I can download the book I am currently reading so when I'm in bed I can switch to my kindle to read in the dark, which is super helpful especially when I am at a place I just don't want to put the book down. 
I also love to use those services with audiobooks for when I'm driving which both of them offer. 
The remaining books I have should put me right at my 30 books and mid-November finishing it.
I would love to know if any of you have any further book recommendations based off of the books I have on my lists

find me on good reads for further reviews and so I can follow back 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today, I shall struggle, and struggle I do so well

For me,